partial fundoplication done April 24, 2018.

Posted , 4 users are following.

All was fine post op, and was so greatly relieved to not have acid coming into my mouth all of the time, even rotting my teeth in spite of Pepcid AC and Prilosec for 22 years.  About 6 weeks post op, I started having diarrhea, but not horrible, but now it's to the horrible stage, where everything I eat passes through within an hour or so.  It's like I'm almost afraid to eat because I know it will come flying out soon after.  I have a call in to the surgeon, after suffering this for a month and see what they advise, I see where some people are on medication, others diet change?  I just know I can't live like this forever. I can barely run an errand and not be too far from home lest I have an "attack". I would like to know if others had a successful surgery only to later on have diarrhea and missed heart beats.  I even went to far as to go to a cardiologist not knowing the cause and still don't of all these heart missed beats, but seems all related to the Vagus Nerve and that could be the problem...and of course, cannot be un done.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joy,

As far as I know from what you're describing, you have obtained dumping syndrome. This is something that can be helped. If you look and do some research it may help you with some of the symptoms.

Good luck.

Ben

• Posted

Can anyone help I have been for g scope they say I am clear but I still get sore under my left breast nd my arms and legs feel if they on fire. Has anyone experienced this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.