Partial hysterectomy: does it help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm so over the ups and downs of peri. I'm 44 and my periods are almost non-existent. If I could get a partial hysterectomy, do you think it would help? Anyone out here had one and feel better?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I had to have everything removed bc of fibroid tumors but I kept my ovaries.. aside from wonky periods I'm in menopause hell! Admittedly I was elated not to deal with cramps and bleeding at 33 years old, but now at 54 my ovaries are drying up, I've got more problems than I ever imagined! if you only have your uterus removed, the bleeding is the only thing you'll not have. Your ovaries are the key and hold the power over your hormones, so you're not likely, in my opinion, to feel any different. Maybe talk to your doctor about HRT.. IF you can get him/her to do a hormone panel, it'll tell you where you stand in this cycle of hell. I'm going on 5 years of symptoms with no end in sight but my blood work says I'm definitely post meno, I'm beginning to wonder if it ever ends.

Good Luck in whatever you decide!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.