Partial hysterectomy has caused migraines and hormone imbalance...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I had a partial hyst in May of this year....since then I have developed a cervical polyp, mood swings (like pmt all the time) 😩. Plus migraines when my period would of been due!! Is anyone else getting this or had it? Be great to know it settles down! I haven't even been offered a post op check up!! In fact my appt 4 mths later was cancelled!? I'm in the UK on the NHS. 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I'd like to add that I feel amazing apart from this so not all bad!!

• Posted

Did you not have a check up at 6 weeks? if you have a cervical polyp then that could start to bleed and you will need to have this removed, all my problems began with polyps that I ignored, to my detriment many years later, please push to get a check up done don't be fobbed off.

• Posted

Nope, no check 👀. What problems did you get if you don't mind me asking?

• Posted

I ignored it for a long time because I was too busy and 2 years ago or nearer 3 now I started bleeding heavily until I lost half my blood volume I was then diagnosed with stage 1A endometrial cancer, I'm not saying that this will happen to you, only what happened to me, it was my own silly fault for not getting the polyps removed.

Please get checked out.

Phoebe

• Posted

Wow that must of been awful for you!! I hope you are ok now!! Sending hugs ♥️
    • Posted

Thanks and yes I am ok, I have one more check up to have in January, I hope I didn't scare you, I get so angry when people don't receive the proper care they should be getting and you should have had a check up at 6 weeks it's important.

• Posted

Glad you are! Not at all in fact you've just made me realise I should be chasing this check up!! I'm in the UK and they don't do a check up after 6 weeks. I'll chase it up though as I should of had a check up after 12 weeks but it was cancelled due to waiting lists etc!!

• Posted

I'm also in the UK and did get a check up at 6 weeks, yes I know my circumstances were different but also the ladies who didn't have cancer got check ups after 6 weeks, perhaps it's down to which consultant/hospital you have?

• Posted

TBH I think it's s##t. We should all get the same treatment hey? 

• Posted

Yes I agree with you, my ex husband (we remain friends) recently had a stroke, the hospital he originally went to wanted to see him 6 weeks after he left them, then it was suggested that as he lives nearer to another hospital he should go there, he is still waiting and it is now 8 weeks so that is next door counties, about 15 miles difference, it's definitely a post code thing..

• Posted

Didn't they warn you that even by time you are waking up in recovery room that you have been plunged into surgically induced menopause? You can't compare to others as everybodies can be so different and last for massively different time frames. 

• Posted

No because I have both my ovaries. Yep we're all different and I was told my ovaries would go into shock. You don't say 👀.

• Posted

Ovaries kept or not - you're still plunged into menopause. 

• Posted

Its not a bit rude actually. It's pure facts. Some people need to hear pure facts to realise their situation. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.