Partial hysterectomy on 20th April

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I’m new to this site. I’m having a partial hysterectomy and anterior repair done next week. I’m feeling strangely calm at the moment and wondered if anyone else is due next week, and how you’re feeling. Would love to hear! 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Welcome, I only had a partial hysterectomy 5 weeks ago, I felt calmed and ready for the surgery. I got some things ready before the surgery heating pad, ad&d, Tylenol, soups, jello, string cheese and crackers. I will pray  all goes well with you. Keep us posted and stay strong. 

• Posted

Thanks Liz, I’m in tomorrow for my op. Looking forward to life on the other side xx
  • Posted

Hi planebird

I had a vaginal hysterectomy,removed cervix and uterus,a nd a anterior repair in January and I was so much better than I could imagine. I had cramp pains for a few days and that was it.. I rested for 6 wks solid,did nothing but gentle walks around the house and garden,no housework nothing and I'm sure you will heal great.. I'm 13 wks now and still watch what I do. No lifting much even now as it's still all healing inside.. It's very daunting but it was really nothing to be scared off.. Your in safe handsxx

• Posted

Thank you. It all went well and I’m on day 5 post op. First 2 days I was in a lot of pain but from then on I’ve kept on top of my pain killers and feel quite good. I’m tired yes, but then I’ll lie down. Not doing anything, nobody will even let me, so rest it. Glad you’re doing well ! Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.