partial knee replacement

Posted , 6 users are following.

im about to have my second knee replacement, has anyone had any problems with the second one? my first o my right knee has been great.. sometimes sore from over doing at the gym but sure beats the way it was.. Feb *th is my /surgery date  im just a little nervous that it wont be as good as the first i keep hearing horror stories ugh 

?Wish me luck smile Im 57 so young at heart <3

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Suzanne! I'm 50 and just had my second knee done on Dec. 29th. I was as concerned as you are now. But I'm here to say everything is going really well. I won't kid you thought the pain is the same as the first but I'm more knowledgeable about my PT and home exercises. I ice more often and stretch all the time. At 2 plus weeks I'm 117 on the bend and 3 degrees off of 0 for straightening. I were my compression sock more often then my first replacement and I think that has helped a lot with the swelling. So, I guess my answer to you would be not to worry so much because you've done this before and you know where you could improve to make this TKR have better results then the first TKR. Good luck and my prayers are with you.

• Posted

Hi Suzanne-I'm 58 and young at heart too! I'm just 6 weeks post op from my first TKR (left) and feeling extremely anxious about moving forward with my right TKR. When did you have your first TKR done? I'll be sending happy thoughts and well wishes your way. I'm betting since your first went well this one will be a breeze.

Tammy

• Posted

Hi, had a L-PKR two years ago. Then last Feb. had a R-TKR. Now I have a hip scheduled for this Feb. but that's another story. At any rate, I think my left didn't do as well as it started to compensate for the deteriorating right. Knowing what to expect from the first, though, seemed to make the second procedure go easier. After all the PT and time, the two have starting to play better together. Don't  it. Embrace it looking forward to better days. 

• Posted

Hi Suzanne

I'm 11 weeks down the line on my second TKR and so far it's been much easier than my first.  As you say it sure beats the pain we were in before surgery.  I hope it all goes well for you.

Therese

• Posted

I had tkr 9th June 2016 second one on 2nd November 2016.

I am getting there slowly but it was a big struggle at first.

In my opinion five months is not quite long enough ,I felt I was literally left without a leg to stand on and for the first time in my life found out what vulnerable really means.

so before you do the second one,make sure the first one is recovered enough to rely upon.

arrabest

Mike

• Posted

Thanks for your advice! I was kind of feeling that way, but hearing it from you is more meaningful!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.