Posted , 6 users are following.

I had partial knee replaced 2 years ago 

Still have trouble up and down stair 

Per Ortho I been to Gym for squad muscle strength and able to walk 4 miles 

Should I go for TKR? Because of stair ? Also have pain while walk 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I would have a MRI if possible. About 4 years ago my surgeon wanted to do a partial knee replacement but my family physician and I decided not to have this done. I had a ltkr done in May by another surgeon, whom said he does not do partials. Get a MRI and if shows damage to knee then I would get a tkr. I am retired and still healing but it does take time and patience. Everyone is different. Good luck to you what ever decision you make.

• Posted

I had a partial in January this year. I am in more pain now than before I had it done. It's so stiff and hard to bend do stairs etc. Wish I'd not had it done!

• Posted

I am sorry to hear you are still in pain. I felt I should not have had a tkr also but my pain decreased after a a few months. Still doing physio and my range of motion only a little over 90 degrees. Walking with a cane and do stairs one at a time. See your doctor about the pain after all this time. Keep positive. Take care.
    • Posted

Thanks 

I had MRI last year and my surgeon said he don’t want to hive up on it yet . My pain is outside of knee . 

I found a brace that help out side knee pain . With that brace I can go up and down few times . 

He said 6 month strengthen quad muscle and I did , so I can walk 4-5 miles easy.

I will see him next week . Let’s see what he says 

Thanks again 

• Posted

I think if your knee needs doing a total is way to go , I was told the same when I had first one done seven years ago by experienced surgeon , he said not to bother as I would just need it redoing , whereas first one I saw suggested it . 
    • Posted

No sorry my list was t very clear , first one 7 yrs ago I tore my meniscus and was told by first surgeon that I was ideal for a partial , I left it for over a year , bad mistake as limped and in pain whole time , second opinion I then got advised me not to bother with partial as won’t last , may get arthritis in another area and not as successful.  Seven years later my other knee started playing up , didn’t wait got a total again . I think if I had my first one operated on immediately the other would still be okay 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.