Partner has no energy at all

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, since Saturday morning all my partner wants to do is sleep. She has no energy at all and only gets up to brush her teeth or go toilet. She is drinking water and eating plain toast.

On Friday she was in A&E due to gallbladder problems, but blood and urine came back clear of infection or obstruction. She was told to take paracetamol and buscopan which has worked and stopped the pain.

She is normally very active, walking several miles with dogs two/three times a day and generally always moving.

She is putting this down to the fact that the kids have gone on holiday and she doesn't need to worry them constantly and her body has just shut down. Which could be true as she has done this before but not as long.

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

https://patient.info/health/sun-and-sunburn/heat-exhaustion-and-heat-stroke

Have you read this leaflet?

I am concerned for your partner, you say she has gallbladder problems, is she taking any long term medication for this?  Is she 'at risk'?

Don't hesitate to follow the instructions in the leaflet.

Good luck

• Posted

Hello, I have just read it, some of symptoms do sound like it! She is taking pain relief and antispasmodic tablets for the gallbladder.

The A&E department said she had gallstones from the blood sample and booked her in for a scan in a few weeks as she is not at risk and it should be manageable with pain relief.

• Posted

You dont say how old your partner is?   How old are the children.?    Your partner may be listening to her body ,and its telling her to take a break,have a rest.   Let her take that break and dont keep asking her whats the matter.  If her gall bladder is playing up,does she know if she has gallstones or not?...only a scan will be able to confirm that. But that could explain the water and toast.....she just doesnt feel like eating anything else and especially anything with fat/milk/cream/butter. 

I dont know if you are in the UK and suffering this heat but if you are then it wont help your partner to be walking several miles every day.  

Is she menopausal?  

• Posted

Hello,

My partner is 41 and the kids are ranging from 9-18 who have gone away with their dad. The A&E said blood did confirm she has the stones but like you say, a scan will say where. They don't believe they are blocking anything as she does not have jaundice on inflammation.

We are in the UK, she felt her worse when we were at the beach on Saturday. She said the energy just left her started asking me if she was dripping with sweat etc.

Not menopausal.

• Posted

Sounds exactly like a combination of gallstones [the pain can be very intense and dragging] and heat exhaustion. Keep her cool and lots to drink[not alcohol]  Cool showers and baths can help. Keep out of the sun.

Let her relax...I know that coping with children between those ages can be very tiresome.

• Posted

Thank you Marine Dee, this evening she has had her first proper meal since Saturday so I'm hoping that will pick her up.

She is drinking water, about 3 pints today so far. What is the recovery time with heat exhaustion?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.