Partoid biopsy waiting for results

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went in for a FNB and the doctor tried twice and couldn't get a sample so he did a core biopsy instead. I haven't gotten the results yet but is that a bad sign?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Probably a good sign as NHS treat positive results as urgent so I should think

they would have contacted you soon after the test was done - you could try phoning the consultant's secretary to fix an appointment rather than wait for them to contact you.  I have done this once as the follow up appointments in my health authority are always longer apart than they say.    I had a negative result from varioius tests on my enlarged parotid gland - which I have had now for over two years - they still haven't decided what to do with it!!!!       Best of luck.

• Posted

Thank you! I got it done at a facility where they release the results online. I'll know by midnight tonight smile

• Posted

I had the same, then had to have the tumour removed , starting radiotherapy two weeks time, the results was cancer, but they got it out ,now they need to mop up!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.