Party

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well the weekend is fast approaching and this will be my first social event sines cutting down on alcohol, day 8 and still doing really well !!

Social events are my downfall and always have been, initially the party girl who everyone wants around, turning into a nightmare who most people wanted to avoid... Nowadays I pretty much just drink til I drop, and the memory of the night before non existent.

I so much want ti look forward to the party as it's my nieces 16th and we are very close she is obviously excited, but naturally I'm dreading it and very wary of how I will cope :-(

Any advise gratefully received and god willing I'll be ok and happy to wake up clear and refreshed 🙏

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Drink a soft drink after every alcoholic drink. That allows you time to know the effect of the last alcoholic drink before you have the next. Try and go at least half an hour between alcoholic drinks
  • Posted

Hi Rachael, the only thing I used to do is dilute my wine with just water especially at Christmas do's etc and it kept me upright at least and hydrated. Like me though once you have "the one" it's another and another until you drop. Well done for not drinking so far and for the long term have you seen your Gp regarding Selincro which you take before you intend having a drink. It stops me getting past my first drink. My Gp hadn't heard of it prior to my visit to him and he will only prescribe if I attend support meetings. Just a thought!
  • Posted

I do agree with Paul, keep yourself hydrated, appart from this, try to delay your consumation till the last possible moment.

It should be possible by now, to tell yoursellf " not now, i'll wait one hour, and repeat this after.

If the hour is to long, make it 30 or even 10 minutes, every minute is precious and importand.

Good luck,

Escar

• Posted

Yes Paul has great advice, thanks everyone and I definitely plan to use it to the fullest ❤️

I'll keep you informed x

I'm still not ready to tell people so bit worried about that, hopefully no one will notice too much, although I'm sure they might 😳

Thanks again

Rachel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.