Passed my assessment for 18 months but DWP has not put me in support group help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I passed my assessment the lady very kindly told me she would say to be left alone for 18 months and she said I should apply for pip but the DWP has not put me in the support group told me that I’ll still have to go to appointments at job centre to help get bk into work they had letters from social services saying how young I was when started self harm 8 and had depression from 12 with medication and still have all this at 25 also have ptsd and anxiety had over 30 placement in the care system plush more to all this the assessment was fine but dwp not help plz I don’t know what to do iv also had my friend write this as I’m dislexic and have adha all on my medical note thanks plz help x

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

HI Jade,

Your next step would be to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) and you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this. I'm guessing you were in the WRAG and not the Support Group previously? If you don't have a copy of the assessment report then you need to ring DWP and ask them to send you this. Most likely the assessment provider has recommended the WRAG and not Support Group because the decision maker usually goes with what's stated in that report.

You need to google Support Group descriptors and also google regulation 35 this is special circumstances and is a Support Group route usually aimed at those with Mental health. What you need to do is look at each of those descriptors and the reg 35 and see which one will get you into that group. You have to satisfy at least one of those to be placed into that group.

You then need to focus your MR request on that and the reasons why you think you should be in the Support Group and why. If you're unable to do this then i'd advice ringing your local CAB or any other disability advice centre near you for help with this.

Most MR decisions remain the same so you need to expect to have to take it to Tribunal. Hope all of this info helps. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.