Passing 5.8mm near bladder

Posted , 3 users are following.

I did litho on a 10mm stone a couple of months ago, and the last xray shows a big 5.8mm chunk in the ureter near my bladder. The urologist thinks it may have been there for a few weeks and he's booked me in for another x-ray in two weeks.

My question is, is there any way to try and give this stone a final push to get it into the bladder? What about jump rope? Anyone have any experience of that helping?

I get the impression that if it's there next time he will want to pull it out, and I want to avoid that.

I feel like I'm so close you so far, it's frustrating. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

No, what does this medicine do? 
  • Posted

Not sure how big my stone is but Urologist and Consultant have said it is too big to either pass or blast. I just hope they buck up and remove it surgically, no date for that yet.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.