Passing blood clots after Turp operation

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi just had the turp operation 5 weeks ago...had to go back to emerg 1 week after operation as i could not pee at all! Freaked me out and i had a blood clot completely blocking my p**s. It was 11.00 pm and Of course it was torture waiting to get a bed and the cathader put in for instant relief. Hated the whole experience with that thing in me but ya got to do what you got to do..

Was let out the following morning  at 7.00 am after having my bladder rinsed all night with saline solution.

Went home to bed after no sleep and woke up 1 hr later needing to pee. Went to the toliet and to my horror blocked again!!!

The thought of going back to hospital again and going through all that again made me feel sick.. as my wife waited for me to go back to cathader  city i tried to pee one more time.. i relaxed prayed to god and to budda and any other form of help i could think of... let the pressue build as i put my head agaist the wall and let presure  take over..much to my suprise and relief boom! Big explosion and bloot clots and pee all over toliet wall floor everywhere.. never been happier in my life and so proud!

Best thing peed very well for next 3 weeks till today... had a plumber come over todo a job yesterday and silly me decided to move some boxes and up and down twisting moving detergent jugs etc..... last night as i went to pee lots!!! Of deep red blood right out of my bladder .. the whole pee time was full of blood into toilet.. gross and scary... today when i got up to pee very difficult and a bit of blood clots passed... took me a long time to get enough out to allow me to leave house on much needed chores... when i got back i had a glass of water to flush out blood from bladder.. when next i went to pee .. nothing completely blocked except for a trickle of blood.. just enough to get a bit of relief... after 3 hrs of this my wife again started packing up to take me to emerg...i hate the emerg and cathader so i wanted to try my method again.... i also tried to look up online people who had this similar problem of having to pass a BIG clot... but could find none only people saying they passed clots.. but not big clots!!!!  I went back to my method of head on my arms against wall and let the pressure build... took a lot of tries but finally ureka!! It blew out.. talk about a lot!! But man did it feel good! Been drinking water and peeing like Sea biscuit the last few hours... but lots of blood in there so will drink lots if water to flush out... bottom line is you can pass even big clots ( it is acually lots just bundled up together causing the probs though some big ones for sure) if u take your time snd dont have to do the emerg cathader thing... they will blow given pressue and time!  Also even when i had cathader at emerg i came home and still had the prob until i blew it out myself.... hope this helps someone in the same distress i was in today and you can pass them for sure... cheers good luck!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Also no

Lifting or stenuous stuff for a good 6 weeks! We in the middle of moving and sooo hard not to do stuff... well the results are bleeding blood clots ugh!!!! 

• Posted

I'm wondering why self catheterisation isn't an option for you?

• Posted

Quite a horror story but remember Seabiscuit was on Lasix when racing and probably Bute.

• Posted

Did this uro take a photo before n after?

Until u do the nightmare will continue, anemia will set in, uti's, numerous trips to the ER.

Your procedure was an incomplete .

Your experience is deja vu for me.

Thankful n grateful for the right uro to appear after 13 years n five procedures by five different uros: four turps n one PVP.

• Posted

Not unusual for TURP and Green Light Laser. Often takes as long as 8 months to fully recover.
  • Posted

Blimey Ken that sounds bloody awful . I remember having blood clots and red blood in p**s after prostate biopsy and that freaked me so much I nearly passed out . You are a much stronger man than me that’s for sure . 
  • Posted

Thanks for sharing. Now I'm really glad that I refused TURP. Hank

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.