Passionflower?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Month 1 trial of Passionflower Tincture:

Weight: 205

Height: 5'3

I began by using tincture as directed then found that the suggested amount taken is for 150 lb person. So I adjusted amount taking 2 1/2 Filled droppers didnt want to over do it but at the same time added a little.

After taking for three nights about an hour before bed. I found THIS IS HELPING!

But to avoid possible placebo effect I have continued taking. Three weeks now, falling asleep more easily than ever before, waking refreshed and did I mention sweet sweet sleep. ??

So after my first week in and more research I found people have found relief from general anxiety with this same stuff. I dont have debilitating anxiety but Id say on a level 1-10 im a solid 7 so very skeptical about a tincture helping me when prescription meds have failed me so. But hey... These days Ill try anything natural to seek some type of relief. So one morning I was having a heck of a lot of PVC(irregular heartbeat) which is benign and related to my anxiety(or so the doc says) within 5 minutes my PVCS STOPPED! My pvcs makes my anxiety so much worse because in my head im like "IM DYING" even though tests have concluded otherwise..

Fastforward 3 weeks later: I feel a change is on the horizon. With better sleep my body is regulating Im not constantly hungry throughout the day, my PVCs once they start, I take the passionflower, the PVC stop. This makes a world difference because my mind isnt going to that place of "im dying" instead I take the passionflower and its good to stop the PVCS for at least 3-4 hours for me.

This isnt at all a cure all, and ONLY my experience, this is a prayer for all you to find what works for you whether its an herb or pharmaceutical, dig deep and heal. Anxiety is so debillitating everyone who suffers, deserves to find their way outta such self oppression. You arent alone.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Also may I add, during menses everything is much worse anxiety and insomnia, I have used during this month trial and again, slept like a baby.

This may not work as well for people who use OTC sleep aids or prescribed ones.

• Posted

I took passionflower for anxiety also. If I take it before going to bed, I feel relaxed while going to sleep and sleep like a log. It's amazingly effective for relaxed sleep.

• Posted

There are holistic or alternative remedies available. Passionflower is one of them. A lot of people get very frustrated with Western traditional medicine and do end up seeking alternative care from alternative medicine. I know it's big in  america. just reach a point where you want to do this naturally and long-term without any worries of being addicted or reliance or being on the rare occasion poisoned by some of the medicines available from the western traditional medicine. Glad you found something that works for you. 

• Posted

As far as sleep goes it helps a load.

And yes got quite sick of the doctors wanting to use me as their lab rat, here try this a couple weeks see IF it helps if not we'll try THIS and maybe THIS TOO. Ugh.

Still working on finding something that helps just a little more with the worrying.. But I think only meditation and refocusing that energy will help.

I am quite early in my journey, Learning new stuff everyday. Thinking of giving kava kava a try when Im having like a really hard day but be careful of how often I take it.

Thank you for replying. Such kind people on this site I really appreciate all who have taken the time to reply.

• Posted

I also take passionflower for anxiety. Found it calms me so much. It has helped amazingly for me to get through a day in work combined with camomile tea. I am a completely different person with it. 

I have tried alsorts for anxiety, anti-depressasnts, bursprone, propranolol but found they all replaced one problem with loads more. 

Passionflower for me has no side effects, not even tiredness. I have taken it for 3 weeks and take it every morning before going to work (Holland and barret supplement) It's great having 3-4 hours of just calm without realising you haven't obcessed or worried about anything!.

It's even helped with things I struggled with before, like I couldn't stand going to the gym - the noise, lights, sounds all massive panic triggers when you're hypersensitive however I have found I enjoy going now!. I can exercise without having a panic attack which is nice!

I am currently trailing St Johns Wort on day 4. Don't feel much different yet and had no side effects what so ever but it's early days. Day 4 on AD and I thought I was honestly dying haha. 

I would reccomend passionflower to anyone though, helps so much!. Glad you found it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.