PAST SEXUAL ABUSE AND VIOLENCE (BECAUSE I'M A GUY)

Posted , 4 users are following.

I need some advice on reporting past sexual abuse years ago. Yes I'm a guy. I'm ill with depression and suicidal. And wondering whether to go to police. I'll explain when someone understanding replies as I find it hard to trust. X

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Whatever your Sex you have the right to receive and gain treatment and support. You also have the right to report a sexual attack on your person.

Whatever the situation you need help and support, talk to your GP in the first instance and also depending on the attack report it to the Police as well

I do not know how old you are all I can say I had a very bad childhood and it took many years to come to terms with what I had gone through. My problem lasted well into adulthood and I addressed the situation when I retired. I did not bother to report my unhappy past situations. You need to make that decision so you can come to terms with your past, then look forward to a brighter future

BOB

• Posted

I was raped I'm 39 it was in 2002 by my boss. I've never worked since. I will give more info tomorrow as it is late Bob. Mick. Also abused in a kids home.

• Posted

I have only got ur email Bob. I use my phone so it did not automatically appear on my phone, I have to check my emails manualy. I want to report to police, I have told a government department but worse for wear I think they thought why aren't I dead.

• Posted

Mike

You need to gain confidence to discuss this situation you find yourself, I can listen and give support, if need be you can PM me on site.

Please never assume anything in the first instances it is imortant you talk this out and there is help your Doctor can introduce you to.If you have been unable to function since the attacks it is imortant you gain encouragement to move on and make any changes to your life. you may find fit to make

BOB

• Posted

You should report the person right away. Don't let them continue hurting he/she will continue with other people. Go to the police. Get help for yourself too. Get therapy for your sexual abuse, depression, suicidal thoughts. I hope you do the right thing. Stand up for yourself only YOU know what that person did to you. No person deserves that. Jail this mofos. I'm sorry for my language but this subject pXXXes me off. I'm so mad they should get life in prison so they won't hurt anymore. sad Don't do anything to yourself. Try to be strong and find help for yourself. smile I'm sorry for what happened to you. I wish this person would not have hurt you in the first place.

Moderator comment: I have edited this post due to the swearing. These are open forums so as per the T&Cs please do not use offensive language in posts otherwise they may be deleted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.