Pasta problem.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I'm 44 and I've had IBS for over 20 years. I've tried cutting out different foods to no no evail. Pasta always used to seem to bloat me and never had it all that much. A few years agoI had spaghetti Bolognese and I ended up in hospital. I thought it may have been good poisoning and the hospital said gastritis and gave me lansoprazole . Ive not had the meal since. 2 weeks ago I had spaghetti carbonara and I felt the pain in my stomach all the way to my bowel as it passed through my gut. I've been ill since with a pain in left hand lower side.. I can also eat bread with no symptoms at all so can't be gluten. Has anybody else had any problems with pasta? Or any suggestions?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My heart truly goes out to you as I have had similar issues.  I was tested for gluten allergies and tests were negative yet when I avoid gluten I seem to feel a little better.  What kills me is that there is no rhyme or reason as to what makes us sick.
    • Posted

Was wondering what kind of symptoms do you get and has pasta made you sick.? I've been to doctors so many times. I don't even tell people I'm going most times because I don't want people to think I'm a hypochondriac.

• Posted

It's funny how similar our situations are, I also keep this to myself because many people just don't get it and judge and or criticize.

I get pains in my lower abdomen usually the right side but sometimes the pain is on the right.  Mixed in with this is constipation severe gas and bloating.  The gas is so bad I can not leave my house.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.