Patches

Posted , 6 users are following.

Is anyone using hrt patches ? I just cant get mine to stay on . My skin is so clammy and sticky all the time especially recently with the lovely weather. Im supposed to change them every 3.5 days but since sunday i have had to use four patches as they just wont stay on . This has made me feel rather odd as i feel i am on hormone overload and so sick and fed up of this on top of all the other crap we have to tolerate with the good old menopause

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi Samantha,

where are you sticking them? i started on my top thigh, but they never stayed. now i shave the top of my bum after the bath then dry really well then put it on and hold my hand on it for a while.

until i got ill this past month i was swimming 5 times a week and they stayed on. x

• Posted

Ive tried several places either my thigh or hip. I think it must be a dodgy packet as every single one was like it . Have gone onto a different box now and seems to be ok

• Posted

hi samantha

i am on HRT patches but i haven't had the problem of them not sticking. are you using moisturizing? if not perhaps faulty pack. i place mine on the backside they stick pretty good. i change every 3.5 days also. check the type of patch you're on against complaints of the product see if others are having the same issue with that brand. other than that go to the pharmacist or Dr and let them know.

hope you find a solution soon

good luck

• Posted

I think it was def a dodgy packet as the whole box was like it ...mot cheap either. Ive now started another packet and it seems to be ok now thank you

• Posted

Hi there,

I had this problem with Femseven patches as after a shower they just came off! I tried placing it on my thigh, bottom... warming the area, holding it on longer when applying it... nothing worked.

Eventually i got really fed up and tried using Tegaderm film dressings from Amazon and placed one on top of the patch... perfect answer, they're very thin and really work! They held the patch on perfectly and stuck great.

I'm now using Evorel patches and they stick great so no longer need the tegaderm over the top but if you look on Amazon reviews quite a few women are using tegaderm film dressings for this purpose.

AJ. xx

• Posted

Ps the femseven manufacturer stopped making the patches last year because of the sticking issue and told me they hoped to resolve it by end of this year... and start manufacturing a better sticking patch.

xx.

• Posted

Im ok now think it was a dodgy box tbh . Ive started a new box now and all seems to be ok ...i hope lol . I use tegaderm as a carer so have plenty ...didnt cross my mind to use it...menopause mind thats why lol . Thanks for response

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.