Patches of white hair appearing.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi 

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice. Over the past 2 years I have started to get patches of white hair appearing on my head and on other places of my body. This is the latest one that has appeared over the past year. I also have one on the side of my head that is about the same size. The hair still grows and it feels like my normal hair but it's just gone white.

Obviously it's making me a little self concious as I am only 21. 

Does anyone have any idea what these are?

Many thanks 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Daniel

I have had a white patch at the back of my head since I was in my thirties. It grew normally and felt like the rest of my head hair. Later a few white patches appeared elsewhere. None of them ever caused any trouble. More recently the hair above my ears has gone grey, quite different in character to the white patches.

• Posted

Is your hair dark black?

I say that as people with jet black hair go grey

earlier.

A friend of mine has that problem, if she didn't dye it she would be totally silver.

Xx

• Posted

Just a thought see if the hair dresser can

make a feature of it so it looks normal.

My hair is very fine so I have problems with it x

• Posted

Hi 

Thank you for the replies

I have never died my hair.

I tried to post a picture of it but it wouldn't let me for some reason. 

I'm just a little worried it's going to get worse. I have been to see my GP but he had no idea what it was..... 

http://oi60.tinypic.com/oaugja.jpg

Thank you once again for all the replies 

Emis Moderator comment: Posts containing links go for moderation but you can upload images directly to the site which will appear immediately. See link below.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/402861-how-do-i-add-an-image-to-my-post

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.