Patches on-going saga!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there all,

Here I am again banging on about my Femseven patches... 

I just cannot get them to stay on! I have tried pressing them on for many minutes, heating the area to get them to stick, covering them... bla, bla, bla but nope! They come off in the shower every time (even very quick showers!). My aches, tiredness and total forgetfulness has returned as I don't think I'm now receiving the correct amount of hormones through the patch coming off and no period this month on HRT so obviously this is the case, (my periods came back when I started HRT).

So, my Heath professional is ringing today and I just want to ask you guys - has anyone tried alternative progesterone alongside oestrogen patches?  Previous to me using Femseven, Evorel patches stuck like a dream but am allergic to the progesterone in them... I thought maybe I'd ask for Evorel brand oestrogen patches and then an alternative progesterone somehow?

The clot worry is why I use patches but I've heard the risk is lower for progesterone causing clots anyway (it's the oestrogen factor that is the main clot risk??). 

Eeeeeek! A girl could go mad trying to work alternatives!

Thank you in advance... I'm 46 and so fed up of trying to stay on top as without HRT my body aches and brainfog is just unbearable. 😩 Just want my old carefree pre-menopause life back... 😢

Have a good day all. 

AJ. x

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey AJ, we've communicated before. I have the same problem as you with patches, and mine are the evorel ones. In warmer weather, I can't keep them on for love nor money! I am going to ask to go back on pills because of it. I always kept 2 boxes on the go aswell, one spare, in case they came off, but now the warmer weather is here, they just fall off. I always put them on clean, hairless skin, on the upper thigh, which is what is recommended. As this combo suits me so well, I am going to ask my Dr if this formulation comes in pill form, even if its a contraceptive pill rather than HRT. The benefit I get, I have to keep on taking the mix that I am on, as I have a history of being really difficult to prescribe for. I have managed to keep the patches on by using an elastoplast reel of just the sticky bit, enclosing all sides. If this doesn't work, I believe evorel do make operate hormone patches, aswell as the combi ones. Hope you manage to solve it. XXX.

• Posted

Sorry, operate should read separate, bloody technology!
    • Posted

Hi Tina, 

Can't remember but did you try the Femseven? Maybe they'd stick for you... but it's a different progesterone to Evorel so you said you're difficult to prescribe for so maybe won't agree with you? 

I don't have side effects on the Femseven but just cannot keep them on! One dropped off tonight again in the shower!! If I could change them twice weekly like Evorel it would be better! 😩

So, I spoke to the surgery today and I either requested Evorel oestrogen patches for the first two weeks of the month and then double Femseven dual patches for the last 2 weeks of the month (so I can change them twice weekly like you do with Evorel)... OR - Evorel oestrogen patches continuously and then add in a pill form (daily) of progesterone for the last two weeks. Does that make sense?! 

Anyway, they're going to look into it and get back to me in a few days before the end of my current month... 

Hope you can get sorted soon with a regime that works and doesn't drop off  😖, pills may be the way! Keep me posted? 

Good luck!

AJ. x

• Posted

Hey AJ, I don't want to upset the regime I'm on at moment as it suits me really well. I'm hoping there is a contraceptive pill that is the same mix so no more losing patches. But if I have to I'll use a roll a day of elastaplast if necessary to keep the damn things on. What you said makes perfect sense to me, about mixing the evorel estrogen with a different progesterone and your right only having to do it twice per week is much better than every day or 2 days. Lets hope we both get sorted soon. I'll let you know how I do, and you let me know how you do too! XXX

• Posted

Will do darling. We'll keep in touch. 

Good luck... 🤞🏻

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.