Patchy tongue

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have had this patchy tongue for about a month. what could it be. should i see a dentist or just regular doctorimage

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

u could see either one my doctor treated mine it was oral thrush u have geographic tongue

• Posted

i had the exact same issue with my tongue. the patches would literally move around every for days and my tongue was white. i thought it was oral thrush at first.

it went on for over a year, still hasnt completely cleared. i was drinking a lot of alcohol when it first started so that may have been the cause, got blood tests done in January - everything was fine but i had low iron. ive since been taking iron supplement and its most definitely helped.

i stressed out massively for a long time and feared going to the doctor, my advice is if youre worried get it checked out. its probably nothing serious. dont stress like i did, i earned a few grey hairs over it haha and im only 28!

• Posted

ye it usually goes away on its own without treatment if its not down to oral thrush but it can be painful and cause burning sensations

• Posted

yeah thats exactly how mine was. no harm getting some bloods done, but dont stress is my recommendation 😎

• Posted

Thanks! I was getting pretty paranoid. I will just go to a clinic and get it checked.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.