Patchy White Spot

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello ladies, I am hoping that someone can shed some light on this. I have been dealing with LS for the past 5 years. I have pretty gotten the flare-up under control, however; I do not see any improvement in the white patchy areas. I currently use Clob ointment and it has done wonders for decreasing the flare-ups and instantly stops them at the first onset of one. I also use coconut oil on some days just to keep the area moisturized. I was hoping that anyone has been successful at regaining their normal skin color and how long it took for the white patchy areas to regain it's normal color. 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

hi this is something you are stuck with unless you get the mona lisa touch. not sure what  happens if  you go into remission but yer this how they can tell you have LS . sorry for the bad feedback but it is what it is . i have had LS for 16 yrs.
  • Posted

My white patches disappeared shortly after using my steroid cream. (I used betamethasone valerate, which is weaker than clobetesal).

However, I have itching almost every day. So visibly, my skin looks pretty good now but I have problems with itching. We all respond differently. I do use emuaid also and feel that it makes a big difference for me. Also use olive oil, emu oil etc.

• Posted

Hi Sandra,

I had a biopsy last Thursday and they think I might have LS. However I am still waiting on my results. I have been dealing with itching for a little over a year now and some soreness when there is a bad flare up just on my left side. I think I have had enough time to accept that the results will likely come back positive but iv researched a lot of remedies to ease the discomfort. I really like tea tree combined with coconut and lavender oil. I have also recently discovered terrasil which a lot of people with LS have had positive feedback about. All natural ingredients such as jojoba oil, beeswax, bentonite clay, peppermint oil, tea tree oil and sage oil. These have both helped me. Question for you about the steroid cream, is this what the doctors prescribed you? Iv read that some women have had bad experiences with the steroid cream making their skin thinner. Also, do you know any knowledge of the white skin improving? I really hope it can get back to normal down there as the discoloration is not very appealing. Thanks!

• Posted

Hi sandra,

Can you please share with me how long did you use the steroid cream before the white patches disappeared?

And currently do you still using steroid as a maintenance ? What are you using ?

Thank you so much,

Phong

• Posted

I rinse after every bathroom visit with baking soda with good result.  Also baking soda baths keep me well.  And don't forget to watch your diet.
    • Posted

Hi Hanny,

Does the baking soda help regain color back in the skin?

• Posted

It makes the fusing and such disappear and thus the skin starts to look normal again.
  • Posted

The clobetasol really needs to be used for maintenance as well as flare-ups in order for it to help restore natural color and texture.  I would also not just use oil on some days, but every day, and more than just once.  I have had the best success with clobetasol 3 days a week and pure emu oil every day in the morning and evening (and sometimes in between if I'm having discomfort).  I have actually experienced the restoration of color and elasticicity, but it does take time and very consistent treatment.   

• Posted

Hi everyone,

I really want to know usually how long would it takes for the Clob to make the white patches fade or disappear ?

My wife has been using Clob for 3 weeks but no change to the white patches yet.

Please anyone can give us some idea.

Thank you,

Phong

• Posted

Everyone is different, but it can take a couple of months before you see any visible physical changes, especially if it has gone untreated for a long time.  Some women can get disheartened and stop using the clob, thinking it's not helping, but really you just have to be patient.  She should have a follow-up with her doctor after around 3 months to see if there has been any improvement.

• Posted

Thanks Viv,

I just want to hear stories from you guys so we can see how long we could expect visible physical changes.

Any sharing is deeply appreciated.

Thank you,

Phong

• Posted

Hi everyone,

My wife have been using Clob for more than 2 months. The itching gone within days but the white patches still there after 2 months.

Can I ask how long would it usually take for the white patches to disappear?

Can you guys please share your experience ?

Thank you

Phong

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.