patellar tendon

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi  I usally talk about my tkr, but having a fall just had an operation for a patellar tendon repair on Tuesday afternoon.

​I am home  but cannot move hardly at all The pain is excruciating never felt pain like it before.Is there any body that has had this done and when will the pain subside and when should i be able to get around as being on my own is a nightmare. Pam

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Typically after tendon repair and tendon transfer it was 6 weeks of resting the tendon in place...no movement so that the tendon could heal...you do not want it to snap .

Once movement was allowed, it was very tight initially. I used heat because a warm muscle is easier to stretch. During television commercials I woukd flex and hold, then pull the flex just a bit more and hold the stretch....slow and purposeful. Stop lights are another great place to exercise....in a hot bath.

• Posted

Thanks for that, I was told i would be able to go upstairs, but i cannot walk only slide my foot along.As i said i have never had pain like it. Yesterday i woke up to find the dressing was soaked through. So back i went to hospital, i was cleaned up and a new dresing put on. I have to go back on Saturday.But cannot get any help to come round. Pam
  • Posted

So sorry...wish you were near me, I'd help. Elevation and ice are your two best friends.

Is it immobilized? I am thinking about a neoprene knee sleeve for after stitches or staples are out. You might look at them on Amazon.

warm hug

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.