Patients who receive injectable fe infusion need to check their phosphorus levels..

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hypophosphotaemia or low levels of phosphorus in the body after fe infusions have been noted that can give rise to muscle cramps, chest pain n dizziness.. can be dangerous if too low.. I got my shot of FCM infusion 3 days back n feeling terrible with flu like symptoms from next day onwards.. I have headache, low grade fever, muscle n joint pains, body ache too.. God knows how long this will take to go .. I need to get back to my work 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

So, how can you raise your levels of phosphorus?  Have you had yours checked and know they are low or you are assuming?
    • Posted

No I’m not assuming .. it’s study based n levels can be increased by having oral medication 1000mg/ day , food like eggs, poultry dairy have phosphorus too.. I did not check mine as it’s been just 2 days .. another thing is to check vitD levels.. medication is 60,000IU once a week for 6-8 weeks..low vit D can trigger low phosphorus levels too
  • Posted

Interesting!  I would be curious what mine are?  I’m very low on iron and Vit D.  I’m not doing infusions but I do supplement daily, which has helped tremendously. 
    • Posted

Oral iron is absorbed very less n slowly the risk is with fe infusion.. when there is a rapid iron load... so you are not at risk but yes ..do take your vit D supplement  .. you will feel much better.. my Vit D levels are in range as I keep on taking supplements off n on.. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.