Patterns appearing in both eyes!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Small but geometric -ish shape. This changes in 1/2 hour or more, the shape gets larger forming a getting larger approximate 'C' shape to the left of center. It is almost like me seeing a crude kaledescope . Eventually the thng disappears to the left. The shape seems to be of small triangles squares, anything 'sort of' geometric. I can see past it but still have to see the shape. Whichever eye I close I can still see it; close both I can see it!   It has now cleared completely as  I have not being looking at the sun or any strong light. Is it 'just one of those things' to be tolerated everynow and then. I am 75 and in general good health 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

see a doctor it could be just a floater but might be more serious.

• Posted

You need to see a doctor or optician ASAP. Dont ignore it even if it is painless. 
  • Posted

Kalidescope eye. I know someone that gets that. It comes then goes. Very common after 70, 
  • Posted

Replying as I had an almost identical experience this year (aged 58).  Dr sent me to optician (who did a full OCT scan of my eyes - no issues) also blood tests - ok.  Advised a CT Head scan also - so far not done.  No headache at time of kaliedescope - which is a perfect description of what lasted for an alarming hour or so.  I also have noticed that my vision has background shimmering - like tiny stars twinkling.  Most noticeable against a white background or cream walls.  It is only distracting when I focus on it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.