Paxil 20mg twice daily to start?

Posted , 6 users are following.

My doctor prescribed me Paxil to start 20mg twice daily for anxiety / panic attacks. Does that seem like too much for the first time being on it?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm using lthe generic version Paroxetine
  • Posted

It depends on the severity of your anxiety and how well your body responds to the medication.. I believe for it to have an effect on panic attacks and anxiety the dose is usually a bit higher..
  • Posted

It depends on the severity of your anxiety and how well your body responds to the medication.. I believe for it to have an effect on panic attacks and anxiety the dose is usually a bit higher..
  • Posted

Your doctor assess you on how bad your anxiety/panic is and then decides what dose he gives you.

When it comes to medication its always best to check with doc

Stay Strongcry

• Posted

Exactly. I should have mentioned that in my comment.. always best to check with your doctor as well.
    • Posted

I ended up taking too much I called the pharmacist and she said 40mg is too much. I'm having burning skin symptoms almost all over my body. She said just take 10mg im Gona see if I can just try Celexa or something
  • Posted

Im not a doctor so i couldnt say but your doctor will know maybe in time these may be reduced they must feel you need this strength of med at this time and remeber that you will feel worse before you feel better im not trying to scare you i dont want you thinking you may be on to higher dose it is"normal" my meds took three weeks to kick in but everyone is different but now they help so much
    • Posted

I'm having burning skin feeling .. Called the pharmacist and she said it was too high of a dose. She told me to just take a half
  • Posted

I have found pharmicists helpful when the doctor wasnt and of course they are trained in the different medications see how you go you will find what works for you best hopefully soon
  • Posted

Yea that seems very high for starting on it. I started on 10mg when I was taking it. I'm now on cipralex which is the newest form of paxil and started on 5mg
    • Posted

Idk what my doctor was thinking. My skin is burning.. It's gotten alil bit better I hope it goes away soon
    • Posted

I'm still shocked. Normally it's once a day not twice...esp at that dose for starters....what are u taking now? No kidding ur skin is burning...that's too high to start on. Sorry your having a rough time...
    • Posted

Is it normal for your skin to burn on higher doses? Cause it's still burning slightly.

Doctor said he's switching me to something else idk what it is yet.

I'm trying to flush it out of my system with water faster .. It saids the half life is 21 hours but for it to get out of your system completely is 4 days <>

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.