Paxil for 11months with recent dose upped to 30mg

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey guys, I have been on Paxil for 11 months now. 20 mg for 9 months then upped to 30 mg for the last 2 months, this is the beginning of 3rd month of being on 30 mg & I’m still having these damn blips! I actually have been having blips up and down my whole entire time of being on these meds. How do I know when enough is enough, or if I should up my dose to 40mg. My anxiety isn’t as bad as it use to but I still get bad bouts of anxiety. The other day on my  way to school, I was feeling unusual anxiety and as soon as I got to class I had a severe panic attack and had to catch an Uber back home. 😰😰 When is this med going to start working?! I know it’s a process but damn. This process is annoying!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have had some good days, pretty good days. But lately I’ve been having more negative days than positive. 
  • Posted

That doesn’t sound good. It started working pretty quick for me. How old are you? Only ask as you mentioned school. My advice would be to see your Dr, and maybe try a different drug? There are so many available now. Different drugs effect people in different ways. Don’t give up hope. You will find something that works for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.