Paxil not working as well anymore

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on 30mg of Paxil for anxiety and depression for less than a year. About 5 months now and this last week it seems as if my symptoms of depression are coming back. Could it possibly be that I would need to up my dose? I emailed my doctor, but was wondering if anyone ever experienced this or had any input.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It’s most likely a blip. I had these kind of blips up to about the 8th month.  It takes a while for the medication to FULLY build up in ur blood. I am now 11 months in, recently I have been 3 months on 30 mg & 20mg, 9-10 months. It takes a while, but everyone is different and we all respond to different meds differently. your doctor may want to up the dose to 40mg to see if that helps, most definitely will. But if 20mg has been working for u, maybe it could be a blip. Wait it out and see.. ONLY U KNOW if you should up the dose. Wait it out and see how you feel after 1 week and a half. I know this from experience 

• Posted

Hey! Been on it for 3 months for anxiety and depression and it's been working great so far except in the last few weeks when I started getting anxious again from time to time. Talked to the doctor and he said it's normal. It's not supposed to make you 100% better. Unfortunately they haven't found a way to make that happen. It's supposed to give you a break so you can work on fixing the issues and getting help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.