PCNL Surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have just had my PCNL surgery done, all went well.

my procedure was a super mini PCNL. i did not need a stent or drainage tube but i did have a catheter on for 24 hours after my surgery.

i was discharged the following day after my surgery but now i am noticing blood in my urine. sometimes it is pink and other times its red. it has been 48 hours since my surgery and the blood has not stopped yet. is this normal?

has anyone else had a PCNL surgery done? how long did it take for the blood to stop or at least get lighter?

any advice would be much appreciated

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jay,

I just had PCNL October 7th. Idid have tube in and catheter overnight then went home next day.

Pretty much had blood in urine for about 4-5 days, this is normal.

But if it seems like it's getting heavier or more red you should call your urologist office.

Take care it takes a few weeks to get your strength back. Don't lift anything heavy and heal fast.

Deborah

• Posted

I think this is completely normal.

I had PCNL surgery a couple of years ago for removal of kidney stones.

Catheter for a few days, stent for a week.

I was in hospital for a week.

They kept asking me for urine sample and were not happy until that was clear of blood (4 or 5 days).

I was a difficult and complicated case as I have horseshoe kidneys(they are joined together) which meant access to the stones was a lot more difficult.

Hope this settles soon.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.