PCO(posterior capsular opacification) after FEMTO laser cataract surgery

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone had this PCO complication 2 weeks after Femto cataract surgery? I thought it was something that could develop 2-5 years after surgery not 2 weeks. Has anyone had the YAG laser to correct this problem?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry that happened to you. YAG laser correction is often very successful.

Good luck.

• Posted

I had RLE at the end of June . A few weeks after  my final check up at the hospital I had to contact the consultant due to pain in my right eye that wasn't subsiding . He checked both my eyes and said I would probably need Yag laser at some point due to scarring on the back of my eyes which is causing blurred vision at times . 

• Posted

Hi

I had cataract surgery in Dec 2015, PCO & Yag In Mar.2016

Then Retinal Detachment in Nov 2016. Don't know if Yag caused the retina to detach.

I was told no. Now have Pco in other eye, will have to get Yag laser eventually.

Praying outcome will be positive.

Wishing you a good outcome.

• Posted

How was your vision after the yag? Any annoying capsule fragments or floaters that refused to go away?
    • Posted

Oh my gosh. Lots, small, big, dif. shapes. Most gone now, but the flashing lights on the far corner of my eye still there. Just comes & goes. Starts at the top of the eye & goes around the corner to the bottom. Very bright in the dark. Looks like I'm stuck with it. But not bad. I can handle that. I'm sure your floaters will dissolve.

I now have to get Yag on the other eye, hoping no complications.

Take care.

• Posted

I had cataract surgery in one eye in May, and the other in July.  At the time, the surgeon said that I was likely to get PCO and, indeed, by September, my vision was no longer very clear.  I had the laser procedure mid Oct.  I had a ton of floaters for the first week or so, which was rather disorientating, but my vision was improved.  Four weeks later, I do still have some floaters - less bothersome, but still a little annoying, but I am hoping they will continue to lessen.
    • Posted

My floaters are refusing to go. There is one large one and a ton of smaller ones. If my eyes are perfectly still they all settle below my line of vision, however as soon as I move my eyes it's kind of like shaking a snow globe. I don't really know where they are supposed to go where they would never appear again, this seems impossible to me, given that our eyes are a sphere full of 99% water! It's been over three months now and the situation hasn't changed. I'm glad yours are ebbing, just wish mine would do the same.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.