PCOS

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am experiencing a really sharp pain in my lower right side of my stomach .. What's is it? ๐Ÿค•

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

Any other symptoms? Are your periods normal or missing, light or heavy? Any nausea, diarreah, constipation etc?
    • Posted

I haven't had a period in over 12 months, I'm feeling as though I'm going to faint, I have diarhoea and feeling sick.
  • Posted

Hi Lydia. Do you have PCOS? If so that could be your problem. Ovarian cysts can be painful and in some people can cause pregnancy type symptoms. You didn't mention your age?
    • Posted

Hello yeah I've recently been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries. I am 19 and a couple of years ago I had emergency surgery as large cyst had burst on my ovary. I really don't know what's wrong in an awful lot of pain ๐Ÿ˜ข
    • Posted

It might be on the point of bursting so don't wait long. Go to A n E if it's that bad. ER if you're not in UK as I am. Take care, Pollyanna X
    • Posted

Yeah I'm in the UK ...do I phone emergency doctors or go straight to A&E?

Thank you x

• Posted

You could phone 111 and ask. If it's necessary they will advise what to do next. If it's so bad you can't bare it go straight to A n E.
  • Posted

Lydia, how are you doing dear? Keep us posted please!ย 
    • Posted

I ended up at the GP surgery yesterday which I then got told it may be something to do with my appendix and to go to A&E if it got any worse ... So I ended up in A&E last night to be told to go home and come back if they pain gets worse and given very strong painkillers.
    • Posted

Twisted cyst on my ovary that has a very big chance of bursting
    • Posted

Hi Lydia. Thank goodness you went to A n E! Hope they intend to remove it while you're in there. It must be very painful so take it easy and let them know asap if it's getting worse. Keep posting and let us all know the outcome please. ย Best wishes, Pollyanna. ย 
    • Posted

Thinking of you Lydia, my daughter is 18 and is going through ruptured cysts every 6 months or there abouts. They are now considering that she may have polycystic ovaries sad. I also suffer with cysts on my ovaries. It's so horrible!!

Your in my thoughts

Best wishes

Vicky ๐Ÿ’—Xx

• Posted

Thank you Vicky, yeah I've recently been diagnosed with PCOS after tests and an ultrasound scan of which showed lot of little cysts on my right ovary and one has got bigger twisted which is very painful.

Thank You xx

• Posted

I really hope you get sorted soon. You poor soul. Can I ask what the treatment is for PCOS? My daughter is so worried about her future fertility especially as she keeps going through this agony every 6 months. She had her appendix removed last yr which turned out to be unnecessary because it was another cyst xxx
    • Posted

I'm not sure about the treatment, I'm worried about future fertility too the doctor told me that I may need help conceiving when I'm older but I will drugs that can help.

I don't have a period so they have put me on pill to try and regulate it saying they want a person with PCOS to have aleast one period every 3 months ... Sorry if I am no help I'm rubbish at explaining stuff because I just blank out and get scared when the doctor talks to me ๐Ÿ˜‚ Xx

• Posted

No no don't be sorry your going through a lot. It just sounds all so familiar. You must just keep on at them until they help you.

I'm sure you'll be fine just like I know my girl will be. Your strong ok.

Lots of love

Xxxx

• Posted

Been sent home with really strong pain killers because there is nothing they can do until it bursts ๐Ÿ˜ž I'm fed up xx

• Posted

Seriously? That's horrible! You poor thing! I cannot believe the medical community nowadays! I am so sorry Lydia, I am so upset for you! Words escape me right now! Please keep us updated and try to get some rest! (Ya right)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.