PCOS

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I have just been diagnosed with PCOS today and I have been scoring the internet for information and came across this forum. I am very scared about this diagnosis and also very sad as I was told that it would be unlikely that I will have another child without the assistance of fertility treatments..I'm scared because this is a new thing and I've seen so many awful things about this disease on the internet. I guess I am posting to get some feedback from women who are just like me and some reassurance that things will be ok.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about this. Just like the rest of us finding out wasn't the best to hear or easiest to deal with. I myself was diagnosed with PCOS and have been put on Metformin. I started off with 1500mg per day but the side effects were too much for me. If you haven't read or heard anything about Metformin it's one of the most used medications for this condition. Side effects are: nauseous, diarrhea, vomiting, sleepy... As for myself all the symptoms I was warned about I got! For a few days I couldn't even eat. I lowered my dose to 1000mg per day and feel much better. Now I'm just playing the waiting game to find out if we are successful. MANY women I know who have been diagnosed with PCOS have wonderful success stories it's very rare to find unsuccessful ones, I say stay positive, high hopes and a big factor is change your diet and exercise! Good luck! And please keep us updated with your story. #PCOSunited #WomenWithPCOS #PCOSsisters

• Posted

Thank you so much for your response! Yes in my study all night I came across metaform I was interested in because it said it would help with fertility.. Perhaps I should have remained clear headed and asked the doctor as much as I could but I wanted to just leave. he was only telling me about fertility side effects of this disease it seemed that was the only downfall until I started reading myself I found that there could be other things that are related. Why is there no more support for something like this? No more information or studies done to treat this "noncurable" things. It's all so much to get hit with in a day. I'm grateful I found this site to read about everybodies own experiences. It's really great.

• Posted

There are so many platforms and forms to either voice your story and/or hear others. It definiatly is a lot to take in when first diagnosed. Your heart says heavily the first few days. All the research and reading stories most definiatly helps. It gives hope where you didn't think it exist. It's definiatly unclear how you/we got it but it can be narrowed down. It could be environmental issues, genetics, obesity, poor eating habits, lack of exercise... I mean too many to name. In some case they all go hand in hand. When I forums out I was told I was pre diabetic, I was having lots of abdomen pain and eventually went in to get a ultrasound and it was clear my ovaries were blocked. I had been TTC for 3 years. As hard as it was to find out I have PCOS I was glad it was found and is now being treated. I don't want to discourage you with the Metformin but you will most likely get not so pleasant side effects of prescribed. In my case, the side effects are worth me having if I'm able to conceive. DONT LOSE HOPE!

• Posted

hello, love, to be diagnosed with the Syndrome means you've had an abnormal cyst in the past with no treatment. If you are taking birth control, the chemicals can cause abnormal cyst as well as facial hairs or breast hairs. If you have PCOS is it on both ovaries? What is the Cyst Count? That can tell you how long you've dealt with it, also, how are your periods? I am SeanjariPreeti, and I hope I could be of some assistance to you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.