Pcos

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys I'm new here just need some advice I was diagnosed with pcos 5 years ago after getting married 5years ago we started trying I been to endless gyno appointments and the same thing keep being said to lose weight I've joined a gym and doing swimming but can't seem to lose weight I get so disheartened I don't no what to do I want a baby more than anything but I can't motivate myself to get the weight off I've been for endless amount of counselling I got diagnosed with being a emotional eater which is not good I need some help or advice on what to eat or just someone to talk to thank you for listening

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey,

Don’t be confused what we have and the struggles are different for us all.  I’m like you with the weight I’m up I’m down I’m all over, but I’ve learned to be ok with it.  Instead of stressing myself

I eat healthier and workout regularly and if the weight comes off it comes off if not oh well I’m still perfect!  Many doctors say losing weight helps and I’m sure it does but let’s alos be real all doctors say losing weight helps everything so doctors saying that about this is just another thing to add to the list!

My advice... don’t stress about the weight coming off just make yourself

healthy and comfortable for you.  I also understand your struggle to conceive I’m there as well, but for me while my journey has been difficult the patience has taught me a lot.  I’ve learned that my time and your will come you just have to stay true to yourself not stress and learn what works for you.

Hope this helps and if you need to talk more or just someone to listen... I’ll listen.

Keisha

• Posted

Hi Keisha

Thank you for all your kind words it so hard to find someone who understands what out problem is my husband a great listener and he looked up on the condition but it seems like noone understands what we have to deal with everyday I get terrible mood swings I don't no if your the same it just like one minute I'm ok the next I'm crying or stressed my worse thing is chocolate it just makes me feel better even though it not good for me

Is there any foods I need to be eating it just seems like doctor just want to put me on Metformin but can't get on with them.

Thank you for listening if you need anyone to listen I'm here

Thank you

• Posted

I feel your sorrow my friend. Same here. People started calling me fat behind my back, they don’t know the stress I’m already feeling. Right now I’m taking metformin/glucophage. It helps you know. You won’t lose weight unless you try taking it. Together with glucophage and proper diet and a little exercise, from 95kg now I’m down to 85kg. It’s not an easy journey I know, but you have a very supportive husband, he’ Help you!
  • Posted

Hi! So sorry to hear you are feeling that way! Definitely get your thyroid tested if you haven’t already. That can cause what you are experiencing!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.