PCOS

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with PCOS in my early teens due to my irregular periods, severe acne and lots of other unwanted symptoms. At that stage in my life I wasn’t concerned about children. Although now I am 23 years old I am starting to become concerned. Last year I broke up with my partner of 6 years. I honestly thought he would be the one I would be experiencing this journey with although that was not meant to be. I have currently moved on and have been with my current partner for 6 months. We live together and I can honestly see a future with him. I am very concerned about not being able to have children. We have started to have the conversation about the long journey ahead of us for kids although I am worried it is going to take years.. what worked for you to conceive? How long did it take you conceive? What advice would you give? 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi courtneylee.

So I can't really remember when I was diagnosed officially with pcos. Through my teens my periods were on time like clock work. When I reached my early 20s they just become so irregular. Longest i went with out a period was 6 months.

I had the same concern as you but I never really worried because you don't know until you try right? I never had the thought that I couldn't have children. It was more it could take me longer than what it should do.

It took me a year to conceive my son. I was about to go for testing etc when I found out I was pregnant. A year is pretty average I think.

Good luck in the future x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.