Pcos a gynaecology issue??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there, since 2006 i was diagnosed with PCOS and prone to having large cysts appear aswell as continious small ones in the pockets. I have been in agony, seen umpteen consultants who have had no idea what theyre talking about and only ever seen my own consultant once in 13years! So after taking medication to relief the pains and discomforts and trying twice the prostat injections today i went to the gynae clinic at the hospital as the norm for me to find out that yet another random consultant wont see me because ive been coming to the wrong department and hospital! Im confused i thought PCOS were a gynae related issue? So have i been coming to the wrong clinic for the past 13years and seeing the wrong people whilst my illness is getting worse over the past so many years? Has anybody else known this? I havent children yet and not trying in the next 12months

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It's a endocrine issue. reproductive endocrinologist & regular Endocrinologist are the most knowledgeable about pcos. Often times Gynecologist either have no knowledge or little knowledge about Pcos. Gyno's often don't realize that there are different types of pcos. So the ones who do know something about Pcos may tell you the wrong treatment plan to help you. (I'm sure there are Gyno's who do know all but they're rare) Homeopathic MD's can help treat pcos too.

If you're suffering from your Pcos there are some things you can do to start the ball rolling. Cutting out dairy & gluten even if you're not allergic, is often recommended. Foods high in fiber & good fats are great too. Of course the old boring healthy diet & exercise are always recommended (even if you have 'Lean pcos). you need to be tested for Insulin resistance & Diabetes. If you haven't already? There are a lot of natural ways to treat pcos. Many different vitamins & herbal medicines will heal your body. If you haven't tried any of these things before keep in mind it can take 6-12months to see improvements in your symptoms. You can google all about 'Natural remedies/treatment for pcos'. But you really need to study/google about the supplements & be careful with them. It's always best to check w/your Doctor/herbalist first before taking them. Also, if you're on Facebook there are tons of good Pcos groups on there. Women from all over the world share tips/experiences.

I myself do not have sugar issues but I do have the fertility, acne, slight weight gain issues.

My testosterone was through the roof high. Often times doctors want me to go on Birth control. I refuse, I instead take spearmint capsules (some use tea) and it has brought it down & it's only been 4months. So, the sweating, thinning hair & acne has calmed down so much! (I take other vitamins too, of course) And I use pure essential oils as well. I've been trying to have children for 15yrs & im just now getting my body in order. I'm sure I would've have my kids already if I knew all about essential oils, vitamins/herbal supplements years ago. I am getting better, this stuff definitely works miracles.

** Good luck, I hope you find a great doctor, the proper treatment for your Pcos & baby dust to you!!** <3

• Posted

Hi Palm breeze you sound like you have lots of experience in good herbal/vitamins etc. I have had pcos for 18 yrs and it goes up and down. Read up on a lot of Internet sites what is to help us but lots of it confict. Can you tell me what you know. Many thanks x
    • Posted

Hey thank u for your reply. Yes i have been testing for diabetes etc im fine. I have to be careful to anything prescribed or herbal as i have chronic ibs-D so have a go steady. Thank u sooo much for useful info xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.