Pcos and POF and menapause at 30

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi lady's I'm looking for help deciding if I should go on hrt as there are for n against but the info I'm finding is for women 45-60 in worried if I use the HRT it will effect my PCOS  and make the cysts grow bigger my remaing ovary is failing and 2 months back had 7 cysts in n on it , but then if I go the natrual way I'm not having my period so the lining of the whomb wont be shedding which the doctor tells me can create more problems with worse deseses , but she also tells me if I don't go on hrt my bones will become brital and my skin will thin along with my hair please I'd theres any women out there that faced this type thing please help 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Whatever you do don't let them put you on Premarin. It's so cruel to pregnant horses how they get it.

• Posted

Your gyn is right! It's very dangerous because of your young age not to replace your estrogen. I'm 42 and on hrt. The risks of breast cancer don't apply to us! The estrogen deficiency causes a lot of problems to heart, bones, skin. Take care!

• Posted

Thank you for you input , I'm still undesided, I feel like I'm doing this alone I am driving my partner crazy I keep researching but I still haven't found any solid info can you suggest any site I may find some info,  I requested an appointment with the dr to talk more but had no luck in due to make a decision on Jan 9th , thank you in advance x

• Posted

Hi! There are a few forum for premature meno as menopausematters, earlymenopause.com, mumsnet.menopause You can find a lot of informations but I think that it's very very important to find a trustworthy gyn to trust! Premature menopause has very serious effects to our bodies and our brains! Love to hear from you again!

• Posted

Hey Vicky thank you for the info it's been a great help I'm feeling more confident now for my return vist to the doctor, have you any tips on how to clam the hot sweats down I have already made diet changes, I don't have caffeine anymore which seemed to cause most of the issues I have redouced the amount of dairy products I consume and I'm in the process of quiting smoking but the sweats just keep coming did you find there was anything in particular that cause you to have more of them ? Thanks in advance x

• Posted

Happy New Year Nicol! Think that is a good idea to visit a new endocrinologist too! I have a good coperation with my gyn and my endo too regarding my hrt and my hormonal state. I cutter off coffee, I have only a coffee daily, no alcohol, no very warm cloths. I drink a lot of water, I go to gym almost daily, I avoid spicy food. I try to reduce my stress and my depression. I found my early menopause very depressing and I try to cope emotionally! It's very hard to me to accept it and I try to do the best for my health physically and mentally. Take care! 🌹

• Posted

Hi vicky

Please could you share your story. I'm 43 and started HRT in August. Still struggling to find the right one.

• Posted

Hi Zoe! I'm on hrt, cyclo progynova and feel better. It contains 2 mg estradiol and 0,5 norgestel and it's a seq type. It's the first time in my life I feel grateful for a drug...Estrogen is something we definitely need for our bones, heart and skin. Hope you feel better soon! 🌹

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.