PCOS and the Mirena Coil - Advice/Help Needed!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Almost a year ago I began having trouble with my periods, after half a year on Norethisterone, I saw a Gynaecologist who seconded my GPS opinion that I have PCOS and gave me a few options to stop the severe non stop heavy bleeding and clotting I was suffering with - the Mirena Coil. I had it fitted in late March this year. It stopped the heavy bleeding and pain, but I did have spotting every day until about a month ago. I was so happy!

But last week I had what seemed to be a normal period, light to medium bleeding but the pain was really really bad. Its now day 10 of the period and still bleeding/spotting and in a lot of pain. Today I passed a few large clots and suffered with such pain I couldn't move from the fetal position for a good half an hour.

I plan to call the doc tomorrow, but wondered if anyone has been through the same thing? I almost feel like the pain either my left or right ovary, where I imagine them to be anyway! really sharp pain, together with the regular cramping.

I'm really concerned about Endometriosis, which I have voiced to doctors but they've refused to do a lap for this because of my age (28), despite it running in the family.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

Jayne x

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.