PCOS and uncontrollable bleeding, symptoms worsening DOCTORS DONT HELP

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I have been diagnosed with PCOS for the last year and a half. I am 20 and yes I know I am young and yes I know that " everything is part of my condition" but im tired of that being the only excuse my doctors ever give me. 

It is currently April and I have had uncontrollable bleeding since February. I havent done anything differently I havent changed my birth control pill or any medication but it wont stop . I was put on Primolut for 10 days which stopped it for about 5 days and now it is back again as soon as I stopped primolut . I have horrible pains and am anemic so this doesnt help. Naproxen does nothing. I have seen a doctor and have only been recommended to take naproxen and oh to have a baby bc maybe itll make thngs better (let me not get into that) ANYWAYS  I also weigh 105 kilos. Now I know i have to lose weight , I KNOW and IVE BEEN TRYING. I have never been a big girl and never had issues until 2 years ago when the weight piled on and wouldnt stop. I diet and I exercise and I even took Duromine at different dosages  and my weight didnt move from 105 not up nor down. Ive always been very active but that doesnt seem to matter. IM TIRED and my doctors dont seem concerned, they just say , oh youre young and dont worry thats just part of pcos. but im not healthy , i feel sick all the time, the weight doesnt help. all my tests for thyroids and diabetes and all that come back fine , my body is processing sugar more than fine WHATS HAPPENING? I need more answers but cant seem to get any . I need help but dont know what else to do . What can I do? Isnt there a way to fix this? Ive tried every possible regime I see all these woman online glow about because they "reversed their PCOS and lost weight!" but I cant do either and I dont know what else to do. I 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hiya, i can totally understand how frustrated you are, i also have pcos and never had problems apart from irregular periods up until now, i had constand bleeding from spotting to light to really heavy with big clots it got me down so much i also have anxiety so anything to do with takibg medication i avoided, but i forced myself to start takin the pill the dr prescribed which is loestrin 20 which so far has stopped my bleedjng and havent had any side effects due to being a low dose of oestrogen your are not alone ask your dr about loestrin x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.