PCOS AND VITEX??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone! I'm really hoping someone can offer some advice after a recent diagnosis of PCOS. Im 27 and my Gyne has put me on Cerazette for 3 months to shut down any ovulation due my the cysts keeping hold of any released eggs making it so I do not currently ovulate. I've been reading a lot about taking VITEX to regulate my cycle and increase ovulation and was keen to see if anyone else has tried? Me and my partner (same sex relationship) were hoping to start the IVF process next year and I've been told that it will be even more expensive due to PCOS and not ovulating so i'm really keen on getting any kind of advice that will help ovulation and regulate my cycle. I am already taking omega 6, n-a-c and inositol and have started a low GI diet and exercise for 1 hour five times a week. ANY advice will be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you in advance xxx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I don't think you can use vitex and BC pills at the same time as they do opposite things

Ive done a lot of research on this and made little changes which have helped me get my period and ovulate every month for over a year now which never happened before. I read that plastics and pesticides are full of chemicals which mimic oestrogens and cause oestrogens dominance, disturbing the natural hormone cycle and lowering progesterone which you need to ovulate. I changed to organic fruit and veg, grass fed meat and dairy only, organic unpasteurised milk. No plastic should ever touch your food or your lips. Use a water filter, as the chemicals used to sanitise water also mimics oestrogen.

It's worth a try. I honestly attribute all my success to that

• Posted

Hello!

Thank you so much for replying. I had read a lot about what you have suggested. I really feel as though cerazette is not for me, it has made me awfully hormonal, mood swings are out of control and not to mention the acne that has started again after years of trial and error to get my skin clear. Im worried about coming off of it as my Gyne said the hormones that it will give me will help with the cysts but feel as though its just a temp fix and wont actually make any improvements to ovulation. Its all very confusing.

Thank you so much

• Posted

Hi,

No problem! I tried about 4 different pills. The one I found I was ok with was a very low dose progestogen only pill - zeletta I think. I came off that and took vitex and saw some improvements. Didn't buy a bottle when I ran out as it didn't seem to br doing much. The pill stops ovulation to prevent you getting pregnant so it definitely won't help if that's the goal. They put you on the pill to manage the symptoms because they still don't know the cause so they can't treat it properly. But I found slowly by changing things that I can manage the symptoms better myself.

Exercise regularly, eat sensibly most of the time and remove as many sources of synthetic or plant based hormones as you can with the things I've mentioned above. I even suggest you adopt a more natural skin, hair and beauty routine. My rule is it it contains more than 3 things I can't pronounce then I'm not using it!!!

I hope that helps. There are also low GI diets if you're insulting sensitive (I'm not) which can help with hormones.

Good luck with everything!

• Posted

Thank you so much!! Im for sure going to take a more organic route in regards to skin care etc. It can only help right? Im not sure If I am insulin resistant as my Gyne didn't mention it but I am still following a low GI diet and taking supplements smile

Thank you so much for all your advice!!! xxx

• Posted

You're welcome. I really hope it helps. I don't think synthetic hormones are good for us PCOS girls. It's just a temporary bandaid to a my h bigger issue. I hope you have success with IVF. Best of luck X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.