PCOS & Mirena coil.

Posted , 1 user is following.

hello!

diagnosed with pcos back in 2016, had issues with irregular bleeding with the pill and decided to get the coil in 2018. ever since then i feel a massive change in my weight gain, finding it even harder to lose weight than before. i suffer from facial hair as a side effect from my PCOS aswell which i also found to be worse than usual. when i was on the combined pill i had to be taken off on put on POP pill due to migraines, another issue which has been worse over the past 2 years, im ordering my repeat prescription of migraine tablets at least once per month.

has anyone else suffered these side effects? im going to get the coil removed i think but not sure what contraception to try next if anyone has any recommendations?

thanks in advance 😃

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.