Pcos,over weight and trying to conceive

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I'm new to this but it's something that has bee stressing me out, il be married 2years in Nov and me and my husband have been TTC since we got married because I knew it would take time. I got diagnosed at the age of 16 when I had dark patches in my joints,I was put on metformin and the pill and over 5years I dropped from a size 24 to a 14.

My periods started to become regular up until I got married,I would get them 1 month and miss another month, I have been to a infertility clinic and they are advising I loose weight (like looking 5dress sizes wasn't enough). I'm considering starting metformin to help with the weight loss and then hopefully start clomid..

Has anyone got any suggestion to help me?

I have done herbal life,juice plus,clean 9, and the Cambridge diet.

It's really putting strain on my marriage

Thanks in advance x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there! I can share a story about a friend of mine... she is overweight til this day and she spent many years trying to have kids and she would not get pregnant. She looked into a weightloss clinic and she started taking phentermine to lose the weight with a great food plan. After a couple of months of being on a diet and taking phentermine she got pregnant. She told the doctor she was seeing and he said that some women who have trouble getting pregnant that are over weight and take phentermine it helps with fertility. 

She got off phentermine once she knew she was pregnant.She had her first baby... then wanted to have another.. went to the clinic and got on phentermine again and did her diet and she got pregnant once more. She didnt lose an exagerated amount of weight and shes actually right back where she started but atleast she has her 2 beautiful kids. Who knows but you could look into a weight loss clinic. Trust me I know how you feel... im overweight myself but my budget doesnt let me go to a weightloss clinic... the one my friend went to it was like $160 the consult and she had to go in once a week and each week it was $40, she would get a week supply at a time of phentermine, a week supply of some other pill i cant remember to control hunger and a b12 shot. 

Who knows.. maybe it was the phentermine or the b12 or the all protein diet that helped her get pregnant. Hope this helps you smile 

• Posted

Thank you very must iv spent loads of weight loss products nothing works anymore. I'm on metformin to see if that works.

• Posted

Hello,

I had a lot of trouble losing weight due to hormones etc so started paleo. It's not a diet but more of a life style change. It did me wonders and improved my mood, sleep and I dropped weight. 

If you have dropped weight and still having issues of getting pregnant naturally have you considered ivf?  As my gynaecologist told me it's the only alternative if I can't get pregnant naturally.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.