PCOS patient

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am really scared for myself.

I will be 25 by July, and I got to know I am a PCOS patient last year after trying many things for irregular cycle.

My cycle comes naturally 3/4 times a year and

I do not even know if I ovulate or not. What are the signs of ovulation for a PCOS patient please.

Plus, do all patients with PCOS with irregular cycle ovulate?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello-

Having PCOS can be very frustrating because you don't know when or if you're ovulating or when you will have a period. There are ovulation test that you can buy that can tell you if you are ovulating or not. But they can get very costly because you will have to buy one every month. Or you trying to have a baby? When I was trying for a baby I use to buy them until I got into the rhythm method of taking my temp every morning and if temp goes up then most likely you re ovulating. (Fertile)

You can also try using progesterone cream to help regulate your period, it seem to work pretty well with PCOS. Have you seen a gynecologist or endocrinologist for this? They can prescribe something to help you ovulate. PCOS is caused by being insulin resistance. When I was seeing a endocrinologist she mainly treated the root cause which was insulin resistance, which regulated my periods and ovulation. I also used natural alternative to treat my PCOS.

For me I learned to pick up symptons when I was ovulating such as having an achy feeling in my ovary, and an increase in discharge.

• Posted

Thank you so much Mary.

I saw a gynaecologist last year and he prescribed Yasmin for 3 months but, after getting the first sachet, I have tried tirelessly getting another.

What is the name of the ovulation tester?

• Posted

Go to any pharmacy such as walgreens or walmart, etc.and ask the pharmacist and they will be able to help you.

Hope this helps you.

• Posted

The reason it's hard to pinpoint ovulation with pcos is because it happens about 14 days before your next period which you obviously can't say with irregular periods, you will still ovulate maybe not as much but you still do,

You can not afford to 'guess' if you are trying for a baby

get yourself onto amazon and purchase a BBT thermometor and download a BBT chart, take your temp every day first thing in the morning before you even get up (have the therm next to you on the bed) and then once you've got it jot it down on a chart, keep doing this everyday and after a while you should notice a drop in your temp then a sudden rise for 3 days this shows you have ovulated, keep doing it, also amazon as well and search for a pack of 50 ovulation tests, they are better than the more expensive ones, and 50 is enough to check twice a day for a whole month, good luck x

• Posted

Thank you so much Live life.

This is so amazing and awesome!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.