Pcos signs and symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. First time I've ever done anything like this, it's long winded but keep reading please. I was diagnosed with pcos 16 years ago (now 33) anyway I haven't had a period for 14 months I have been on metformin for 7 years. However I recently stopped smoking (9 months ago) and have lost a bit of weight but generally taking better care if myself taking the multi vitamins exercising etc. Anyway on Friday I noticed some brown discharge in my underwear, didn't think much of it carried on with the weekend but then Sunday I was in the car with my husband and I had a sudden urg to be sick he had to pull over in to a restaurant so I could use the bathroom. I wasn't sick but instead had the runs (sorry) the sickness passed and I felt fine again. Today however I have more brown discharge and am extremely tired. I can't get an appointment with my GP so I'm fishing about on Google (currently have 3 different diagnosis lol ) anyone experienced anything like this? Any help is greatly received?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

as per my doctor, brown discharge is not a good sign..
    • Posted

Well that's what I thought but according to Google it isn't always a bad sign. I've always managed my symptoms quite well, but this is a new one for me. I read somewhere it could be early menopause which is common with pcos. Going to have to try and get in with the docs then. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.