PCOS - tips on conceiving

Posted , 3 users are following.

Due to get married in 6 weeks time. We want a family but I have PCOS. My Doctor has assured me that not all women with PCOS have trouble getting pregnant but any tips and advice from you ladies would be great.

I have regular periods although my cycle is about 35-40 days. And how do you know if you actually ovulate every period? has anyone used ovulation tests?

TIA xx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I have used ovulation tests for the last 3 months, I am planning on TTC after my wedding in August, my advice would be not to use them till at least a few months of trying, the reason I say this is because you become fixated on the results and its extremely stressful (& I wasnt even using them to conceive) the stress they give you can even have an impact on falling pregant, my good friend was literally addicted to using them for the last 4 months, the 1 month she gave up on using them and had regular sex she fell pregnant! Good luck and congrats on getting married! I would recommend taking folic acid, having regular sex 3 times a week and keeping a eye out for changes in CM etc x

• Posted

Thanks! They say stress is the best contraception, guess your friend is evidence of that. Fingers crossed for honeymoon babies haha.

When I TTC will depend if I get a training post to be a sonographer or not. I promise I will be better than who you had xx

• Posted

Having regular periods is a great start! Learning to understand how your cervical mucus changes is the most helpful guide (I now use this method to not get pregnant and there's a great app called Clue where you can log the data to help work out the pattern of your cycle). All the best with the wedding and creating your family

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.