Pcos ultrasound detection for virginity

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have my ultrasound for pcos, which is the pelvic ultrasound. is there any way in which it can detect that im not a virgin. and is there any specific procedure that occurs before the ultrasound which could tell.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I don't think an ultrasound cal tell but an internal examination will tell if your hymen is intact. If it's not, you are not a virgin. Ask your dr re the ultrasound.

Melissa x

• Posted

I recall they ask you the question about whether you have been sexually active because they do not advise on having the internal scan if you are a virgin.

• Posted

No they cant. If they did a trans-vaginal ultrasound and you were a virgin with an intact hymen, you'd bleed and hurt. But they only do that if the pelvic utrasound is unclear.

Furthermore, its very common for virgins to have broken their hymen in other ways such as gymnastics, running, horseriding, using tampons.

I didnt bleed or feel any pain when I lost my virginity.

Also, the nurses have to observe patient confidentiality. Its no ones business to worry except yours, whether youve had sex or not.

My advise is if you are worrying someone will find out your not a virgin, then dont take anyone to your appointments. If youre not able to drive/get the bus there by yourself, then ask your accompanying person to wait in the waiting room because you feel embarrassed and self conscious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.