PD and pacemakers

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had PD Since I was 43 . Im 51,

I started fainting without dizzy spells. I had a Pacemaker put in.

Now 2 weeks home and today I fainted again. without warning? I

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

For some reason your entire post did not show up. I also have had fainting and near fainting.. have a loop recorder that is showing heart pauses beats up to three seconds. Electrophysiologist recommended implanting a pacemaker which I am planning to do as soon as it is scheduled (busy doctor). Have you had more fainting AFTER pacemaker? 
  • Posted

Most conditions like yours is caused by a small blood clot in the brain.  Google MIT for information and be sure to get started on blood thinner.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.