PDT

Posted , 6 users are following.

diagnosed with Granuloma Annulare today. Would appreciate opinions on light therapy.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

NIAMIACIDE  500 MG THREE TIMES A DAY CURED MINE THAT IS VITAMIN b3
    • Posted

Did you notice any side effects using 1500 mg  of b3 a day?  I have rejected the suggestion for meds, shots, etc due to their side effects. I’m 74, not in great health and trying to keep treatment non-chemical, thanks for your suggestion.
    • Posted

i never tried that much, I would start out at 500.  I was about 67 when I first got mine.  It is gone now.  If I set foot in the sun my skin starts painful prickles.  I am very sun sensitive and I too am not in good health.   You just have to be patient with the b3 and continue to use it.  Mine was all over my thighs inner and outer and backside, huge areas.  I can do red light therapy which I use sometimes on my face but never sunllight.
  • Posted

Hi,

I had light therapy three times a week for 10 weeks. It didn’t have any effect for me ( although nothing has as yet And i’ve Been diagnosed now for  5 years.)It just seemed to bring those that were under the skin more to the surface. Saying that I’ve just been abroad for a week and  the sunlight has helped. They don’t look as red and prominent as they did before I went. That’s the problem with GA what works for one might not work for another so give it a try hopefully you’ll see some positive results. 

• Posted

I’m not as excited about light therapy after reading so many negatives.  Your treatment sounds rather intensive for such a disappointing result.  Your comment about sunlight makes sense to me...I’m a bit of a homebody & rarely outside...

I’ll give the 🌞 a go. Thanks for you suggestion.

• Posted

I had light therapy last year 2-3 times weekly for six months with minimal results.  My insurance covered it.  Natural sunlight usually helps, looking forward to summer.  Officially diagnosed five or so years ago.  I've been on various meds without success.  I'm living with it, it's a nuisance, for sure.  I'm now on LDN to hopefully avert another autoimmune disease.  

Good lucky, Ntzy!

• Posted

I have a confirmed diagnosis with a biopsy and tried light treatments for 6 months twice a week and it did not make any impact. Luckily it was covered by insurance so I did not have out of pocket expense. Hope it works for you. After lots of allergy testing and a special blood test I was diagnosed as gluten sensitive about 3 months ago and have seen improvement by going gluten free. The only other thing that helped prior to gluten free was prednisone but that was used short term. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.