PE?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'll try to make this short. 8 weeks ago started having left leg issues. Weak feeling, no pain perse but I felt a lump in back of knee with slight swelling. Went to GP who sent for ultrasound which yielded no findings. I have off and on heart palpitations and shortness of breath. Nothing devastating but every now and again I'll notice it. (I have mitral valve prolapse) I also have stabbing on/off pain in left shoulder blade that went away but is now in my right shoulder blade with neck pain that seems to ease when I rub it. Is this all just benign and my anxiety is getting the better of me? Any thoughts or insight would be helpful.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

UPDATE!!

So my anxiety got the best of me and I took myself to the emergency room. They did a contrast CAT scan of my lungs and said everything looks perfect and they believe it is a pinched nerve in my upper shoulder into my neck. Moral of the story? Listen to your body because I wasn't super paranoid that something was wrong I just came out of an abundance of caution

• Posted

There is nothing wrong with making sure PEs are scarey. When you realize how close that you came to death( it could have gone to brain or heart) you do tend to be more careful.

I am so glad your fears were relieved and you could calm down and relax. Praise the Lord it wasn't another PE!

• Posted

hi,

i went thru a tempting fate/ self-destructive phase, and it sort of lingers & strangely enough, reinforces itself and morphs into an all emcompassing clot dissolving/mitigating lifestyle. 

I've also find, trying to right, the external wrongs, one percieves throughout life, sort of liberating.

I also try to impart the best things i've learnt/gathered, to my nearest an dearest, should one be so lucky- and strive for for good diet, increased hydration, gentle circulation and appreciating nature, whilst having treats, frequent lazy days and plenty of rest

• Posted

Wow I wish I was perfect. When I'm flying I'm cramped into a seat for long hours and forget to get up or even move my legs.

We traveled to Texas in a big pic up truck and I didn't feel the need to get out and walk often. Gosh if I knew then what I know now I would have had him pull over to the side of the road a few times so I could walk around so we both could have! Now I relax in my chair and pump my legs.

I saw the cat scan that artery must have felt like it was giving birth to pass that huge blood clot! It was probably screaming with relief when it finally passed into my lower lung. No wonder I was/ am breathless!!

I want to live a better lifestyle. But I have abused myself for 61 years or at least 41 of those years. I don't know where to begin. I'm sure the next Dr I have to see will have some ideas.

• Posted

Try not to beat yourself up over it, striving for perfection is stressful, possibly counter productive and has nuances of narcissism.

I think it's about wanting an finding matches/soul mates along the way.

I was born, single and without a twin, so deep down, I'm comfortable with my own company.

I just want to be a good parent, and prepare my associates for the world at their fingertips and stages in life they may encounter, alone, or with someone.

Think about bus drivers, train drivers, long haul drivers and pilots. I don't fink anticoagulation, walking around every 1-2hrs fits within job description & pressures associated with WTD, bottlenecks and jams.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.