PE and chest pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I  had PE's about 8-10 weeks ago while in hospital with gall bladder pain prior to surgery. While in hospital they inserted a IVC filter.

I get terrible pain in my right lung at night when I am lying in bed on either side or on my back. I have had chest xray but no results yet.  I am still not back at work. My INR's are still not sorted yet sad.

Does anyone else have this pain?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

I had my PE at the beginning of January this year as a result of a long haul flight, (they think!).  I had my first follow up meeting with my consultant yesterday where I was finally able to discuss my continuing chest pain.  I had all the tests again, ECG, chest x ray, bloods etc, (scheduled to have a heart ultrasound shortly), and was told nothing untoward was showing.  They cannot explain the pain and discomfort that I experience, mostly at night like yourself and just say that it will probably disappear one day.  Not very reassuring!  My INR's are still pretty unstable too though starting to settle down slightly.

Best wishes

• Posted

P.S.

I asked if the chest pain could be due to pleurisy or scar tissue as had previously been suggested on a visit to A & E.  I was told 'no, not at this stage'.

• Posted

My GP is not guessing at what it is yet, but it keeps me awake most of the night, so I am always exhausted, pain killers are not helping sad

I really hope there is some help somewhere. 

I hope you are feeling better soon. It is so so difficult getting answers

• Posted

Hi,

I have the same it's like someone is squeezing my lung but painful too! My INR is all over the place as well! Back in hospital now so having scans tomorrow...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.