PE and kaleidoscopic vision and headache

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all!

The last couple of days I've felt much more normal so today I thought I would do some sorting out...I was suprised how high energy I was (compared to normal these last few weeks). However after about 4 hours I suddenly started getting kaleidoscope vision and had to sit down. Then I tried to work through it and eventually after ten mins it subsided. I have been left with a bit of a headache.

Now normally I wouldn't be fussed...I would put it down to doing too much. But my anxieties are high at the moment so I thought I would ask.

Is this just that I did a bit too much or something I need to get checked?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes of course check it out.  Are you going to a Hemotologist and a Radiologist?  Don't leave a stone un turned
  • Posted

It's not something I've really experienced before but when I had my PE's (a few days before I was diagnosed) I ran in a 10k race. I lost my peripheral vision before I got half way. I also had a couple of months of feeling nausea every time I ate (a weird feeling of wanting to be alone with a headache and be ill for about two hours after every meal)

i spoke the a haematologist about this recently and she said that the body requires oxygenated blood for a lot of functions. Digesting a meal was clearly too much for me at the time and when I pushed myself my vision degraded.

it does sound like you may have done too much, but like most weird things that happen to us post PE if it worries you than you should mention it to your doctor. 

Your system will still be delicate at this time. 

Four hours of clearing up! You must be getting your energy back.

how are you now? 

• Posted

Sorry I didn't see this when you posted it, but Imay be able to throw a little light on it....it could be migraines.

Coloured visual disturbances are classic migraine symptoms. I know, as I have had them for decades. If that is what you experienced, they typically happen BEFORE the migraine. They are brightly coloured and usually moving (rotating, twisting or spinning). They stay whether eyes are open or closed. They can often triggered by exertion, stress or anxiety. Then you get the headache. A darkened room is good for that. They stop as suddenly as they start.

HTH

Peter

• Posted

To Peter and Keniki

I this is a Migraine and Keniki has never had a migraine before it could be a dager sign

The last time I was not feeling well and had a bad migraine headache I went to my primary doctor and told him I was having migraines and he asked me if I ever had a Migraine headache before and I said it was my first one.  He told me he thought I was having a nerological problem and I might be having a stroke warning.    Well the next day I did have a mini stroke a TIA

So anytime you think you are haveing a migraine check it out with your doctor

• Posted

Thank you so much everyone! I am going to ask the doctor about this but I haven't had another episode since.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.