PE in ventricle near lung

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was wondering on how long usually you are out of work with a pummonary embolism in the ventricle of lung.  I had surgery May 9 ended went home after 2 daus The following week I was dizzy, lightheaded shortness of breath and heart racing. Ended up in the hosiptal  for 5 days with the PE.  They gave me heparin blood thinner thru a IV.  Then they put me on Xarelto in the hospital before I went home and now I am on 15mg 2x per day. The echocardiogram showed my heart pumping at 78%

Its been 2 weeks home from the hospital and I still feel weak, and can only walk a little without getting out of breath.  I go back to the cardiologist ths week and i cant wait.

What are your thoughts

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It's been 3 1/2 weeks since I was diagnosed with two pe's and right sided heart damage. I thought I was doing better but I need to see my doc again because I am having bad chest pain, shortness of breath, and and my ankles and feet are swelling. My heart beats so fast even when resting. When I was dx in Feb. with the pe's I was off work for 6weeks. I was so weak and tired.

• Posted

Yes, you should make another DR appt. where were your PE's 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.