PE Recovery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All,

I was told I had multiple PE's in both lungs a month ago and still feel short of breath and coughing in the evenings. But I am getting very brief, sharp pains in the area of my heart, would this be the clots moving away from my lungs?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi

take it steady.

the pain could be for any number of reasons, are you certain its in the area of your heart? 

you have muscles inbetween your rib-cage that can give you sharp pains...

remember the feeling when running and you 'get a stich' - is it like that?

• Posted

I share your pain -- in more ways than one!   I've known I've had multiple PEs in my lungs "officially" for 2 1/2 months but I suspect I've had them since last November when I first started noticing I was short of breath.   I, too have felt those pangs that really do feel like they're inside my heart.  They're scary, because I first thought maybe it was more clots traveling through the heart.  But I know I've been on the blood thinners for 2 1/2 months so when I still feel those pains, it occurred to me that my heart is a little sore from those clots traveling through.  I had an echocardiogram to determine how much damage there was to my heart. It was determined it was minor, and that any "damage" would heal itself in time.  I think we just haven't given ourselves enough time to heal.  Moreover, when you think of it, how's the heart supposed to heal when it's working 24/7?  It will take longer.   As I understand it, one the clots get into the cappiliaries of the lungs, there's no place else to go. It's the embolism graveyard so the clots can't be moving away from your lungs.

I have heard the shortness of breath may take months and months to clear up.  Patience is not my virtue.  I suspect it'snot yours either but this is our new  normal, right?

Hang in there

• Posted

i refuse to accept this is the new normal

Google Harvard Blood clot breakthrough uses drug-device combo

• Posted

thanks for that information.  It does look promising - but it won't be the normal until all hospitals have it down pat and start  using it.  I'm trying to be patient in the meantime. I have to be. I have to have cancer removed but for the past 4 months I have had to sit and wait until the clots are under control first.  The cancer could "get" me, or the clots could "get" me .  And it was the cancer that caused the clots to begin with.  We all have crappy situations sometimes!

• Posted

Hi yer I had multible clots in both lungs and had pain

For quite a while after and went to A and E and they said it was normal I had pain in my back also but if your worried

Get checked out x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.